BARRIE CENTRAL (SCDSB), Barrie, Canada. February 2008 – June 2011
At Barrie Central , I taught Visual Art grades 9 through 12 with the Ontario Art Curriculum focusing on Art Making skills, Art Theory and Global Visual Arts through a Canadian lens, focusing on digital mediums, drawing, painting, printmaking and sculpture.
At BCC, I created an ARTS website and instituted an ‘Artist of the Month’. We updated Arts Night, adding the increasingly popular Art Contest – voted on by Arts Night attendees.
- Teacher Advisor to Arts Council – organizing Library Unplugged, Coffee Nights, our annual Paint-a-thon, Art Boards and our a yearly photo-book of Art Awesomeness.
- Assistant Advisor to BCC’s Student Newspaper
- Set Designer for our Musicals – Cinderella and James and the Giant Peach winning
BEST SET DESIGN for the SEARS DRAMA FESTIVAL. Woo Hoo!
- English component of a 4 teacher team – Extended Learning Program (XLP) improving classroom attendance from 30% to 90% during our first year.
- TIPS After School Teacher, Literacy Committee Member, Literacy coach and mentor improving BCC’s OLSST scores from 79% (2007) success rate to an 84% success rate (2011)
- Ontario’s Educational Quality and Accountability Office (EQAO) OSSLT Scorer (2010) and Scoring Supervisor (2011).
Click here to view our Award Winning Cinderella Set Design Gallery.
And how can I ever forget our Christmas Assemblies! I LOVE BCC CHRISTMAS ASSEMBLIES! All the teachers get together to perform for the students… and I’m not sure who has the better time….